Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
External Antenna losing signal?? 

I have an external Amped Wireless antenna mounted to my shop, and it is picking up a signal from my house. It has worked great for the past 3 or 4 years, and all of a sudden I am having problems. The antenna picks up a signal, and is cabled to an Amped wireless router inside the shop. All of a sudden I can't get a signal inside the shop. I have other wifi sources in the neighborhood, and I'm wondering if the antenna is picking up other sources, or if the antenna has gone bad. I've heard that the antenna's are pretty basic, and don't go bad very often, so I'm just not sure what is going on. I have gone through the setup process on the antenna several times, and getting it reprogrammed has worked in the past, but right now, I can't get any good results from reprogramming it or anything. I tried looking for a way to get the antenna to look at only my home network, and to forget all other signals, but I just don't see where I can do that. Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks!!

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:58 am
Site Admin

guyrand wrote:
I have an external Amped Wireless antenna mounted to my shop, and it is picking up a signal from my house. It has worked great for the past 3 or 4 years, and all of a sudden I am having problems. The antenna picks up a signal, and is cabled to an Amped wireless router inside the shop. All of a sudden I can't get a signal inside the shop. I have other wifi sources in the neighborhood, and I'm wondering if the antenna is picking up other sources, or if the antenna has gone bad. I've heard that the antenna's are pretty basic, and don't go bad very often, so I'm just not sure what is going on. I have gone through the setup process on the antenna several times, and getting it reprogrammed has worked in the past, but right now, I can't get any good results from reprogramming it or anything. I tried looking for a way to get the antenna to look at only my home network, and to forget all other signals, but I just don't see where I can do that. Can anyone help me out?

Many thanks!!

Please contact our tech support department at 888-573-8820 or techsupport@ampedwireless.com and they will assist you.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:47 am

help, someone please help. I tried contacting customer support as directed, but no responses.

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:43 pm
Site Admin

guyrand wrote:
help, someone please help. I tried contacting customer support as directed, but no responses.

There are three ways to contact support you can call 888-573-8820, send an email to techsupport@ampedwireless.com or log in to our live chat service which is available through our website www.ampedwireless.com from 8-5 PM Pacific Monday-Friday.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]